Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Acrophobia

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acrophobia
Main Entry:
ac·ro·pho·bia
Pronunciation:
\ˌa-krə-ˈfō-bē-ə\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
New Latin
Date:
circa 1892
: abnormal dread of being in a high place : fear of heights


I'm not terribly afraid of heights, but sometimes I get a bit of vertigo looking out near the edge of tall buildings. And doing bungee jumping a few years back was not particularly easy, standing there on the edge of the bridge looking out into nothing.

So this morning we went to Outdoor Interlaken's rope course, or seil park (shameless plug):
http://www.outdoor-interlaken.ch/en/summer/seilpark/

I was able to scurry around on the obstacle course high up in the trees and do a bit of zipline as well. There are five courses with different levels of difficulty. One wears a harness and and clips in twice for safety.

I managed to get around about without having to rely on the safety ropes luckily, but my hands sure were tired by the end from holding on for dear life. Of course, there are kids that practically run about up there . . .

I had a quick lunch with Georgina and Alan before heading off to the train station for Zurich, where I would catch my flight back to London. It was really great to see Riaan, Georgina, and Alan. I wish I could see them more often, and I'll miss Alan greatly!

1 comment:

Teen Dating - Ourteennetwork.com said...

just stopped by to say hi great blog!